Thursday, April 17, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Let me see if I have this right...
Ukraine buys almost all its energy (natural gas) from Russia. Revenues from natural gas are a primary source of Russia's income.
Because of the recent disagreement between Ukraine and Russia, Russia is raising the price of natural gas it sells to Ukraine.
Ukraine is almost broke and cannot afford the increase in the natural gas price because it would be forced into bankruptcy.
So, the United States is actually giving Russia $1 billion because in reality, the money is just passing through Ukraine.
The first question: Has Putin figured out a way to raise the price of his natural gas sales and make the U.S. pay for the increase?
Monday, March 31, 2014
Sometimes a story comes to me that I have to share.... and this one is about how sometimes luck has nothing to do with success...
This story is confirmed in Elmer Bendiner's book, The Fall of Fortresses.
"Sometimes, it's not really just luck."
Elmer Bendiner was a navigator in a B-17 during WW II. He tells this story of a World War II bombing run over Kassel, Germany, and the unexpected result of a direct hit on their gas tanks.
"This is all we can do for you now..."
"Using Jewish slave labor is never a good idea."
Friday, March 28, 2014
Also considered were Mycoxafailin, Mydixadrupin, Mydixarizin, Dixafix, and of course, Ibepokin.
Pfizer Corp. announced today that Viagra® will soon be available in liquid form, and will be marketed by Pepsi® Cola as a power beverage suitable for use as a mixer.. It will now be possible for a man to literally pour himself a stiff one. Obviously we can no longer call this a soft drink, and it gives new meaning to the names of 'cocktails', and 'highballs'.
Pepsi will market the new concoction by the name of: MOUNT & DO.
Thought for the day: There is more money being spent on breast implants and Viagra® today than on Alzheimer's research. This means that by 2040, there should be a large elderly population with perky boobs and huge erections and absolutely no recollection of what to do with them.
Thursday, March 27, 2014
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
- Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.
- Keep a change of clothes at the office.
- Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
- Every hat should serve a purpose.
- Never take her to the movies on the first date.
- Learn to wet shave.
- Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.
- Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
- Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
- Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
- Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.
- Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
- A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
- Call Mom and Dad every week.
- Never wear a clip-on tie.
- Give a firm handshake.
- Compliment her shoes.
- Never leave a pint unfinished.
- If you aren’t confident, fake it. It will come around.
- You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
- Be conscious of your body language.
- The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them. Period.
- Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
- Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
- Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
- Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
- Go for women out of your league. You may end up surprised.
- Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
- Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
- When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
- Nice guys don’t finish last, boring guys do.
- Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
- Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
- No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.
- The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen; it’s your job to overcome them.
- The first one to get angry loses.
- A man does what needs to be done without complaining.
- Never stop learning.
- Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
- Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy.
- If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
- Luck favors the prepared.
- Women find confidence sexy as hell.
- Do whatever you want to do, but be the best at it.
- No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.
Friday, March 21, 2014
Friday, March 7, 2014
9. I Ain't Never Gone To Bed With an Ugly Woman But I Woke Up With A Few
8. If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
7. I've Missed You, But My Aim's Improvin'
6. Wouldn't Take Her To A Dogfight 'Cause I'm Scared She'd Win
5. I'm So Miserable Without You It's Like You're Still Here
4. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend And I Miss Him
3. She Took My Ring and Gave Me the Finger
2. She's Lookin' Better with Every Beer
And the Number One Country & Western song is...
1. It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night That Chewed My Ass All Day Long
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
There's no such thing as a self made man
For everyone needs a helping hand
Due to flaws in the best laid plans
Until you learn you won't understand
Even with the world at your command
Those sacrifices you had to make
A road that few will ever take
All your friends have flown away
They did not want to stay an play
Now those chances seem all gone
You wonder where it all went wrong
There's no such thing as a self made man